As discussed in one of our previous blogs, we’ve been attending trade shows and events in and around Oslo recently. We always get a great response from people trying the bikes so we thought we would take our demos to the next level by asking people what they really thought of the experience.
Two events we attended recently, the NIH Fitness Convention at the Norwegian School of Sports Sciences and the SykkelExpo at Norges Varemesse in Lillestrøm (just outside of Oslo), gave us the opportunity to survey two very different audiences.
Whilst we’ve had loads of feedback throughout our development phase from demos and various other events, this is the first time we’ve opened ourselves up to a formal survey.
We wanted to try and get to the bottom of what people really think of the bikes, and whether they agree that, fun aside, they could actually offer a viable option for indoor training. We surveyed 112 people in total over both events and we have to say we couldn’t be happier with the results. Here's what they said...
- 90%* agreed** that they forgot they were exercising whilst using the bike
- 94% agreed that the bike offered a more engaging and motivating experience than a traditional recumbent exercise bike
- 95% agreed that the bike could be a great way to help get people, young and old, to be more physically active
- 93% agreed that they would use the bike if it was at their gym
Here are some samples of free text answers to the question, ‘What do you like best about the ebove™ bike?'
- Everything…. It’s fun, it’s great exercise
- It feels so real!
- Very fun and unique
- It was so fun! And I got to work out at the same time
- It gives you a workout without you even realising it
- I forgot how hard it was and that I was actually training
- You can have so much fun while exercising!
- Realistic resistance and fun
So, as you can imagine, we were pretty thrilled with this feedback. It gives us even more confidence that we have developed a unique product and one that will really drive a revolution in indoor exercise.
We’re looking forward to attending many more events all over the world and building up our ebove™ community in the coming months.
P.s… We’ve got some HUGE news coming soon, so stay posted for our next update!
*The above are averages taken from the two events: NIH Fitness Convention, 16-18 October 2015 and SykkelExpo, 30 October – 1 November 2015.
**Respondent either answered ‘strongly agree’ or ‘agree’ to question.